Submitting an Application:
- All applications must be submitted online.
- Each prospective tenant over the age of 18 must complete their own, individual application.
- Provide a copy of a government or state issued form of photo ID.
- Submit proof of income verifiable by at least three consecutive pay periods of pay stubs, employer contact, bank and/or tax records.
- Provide at least 2 years of residential history, verifiable by a landlord who is not a relative.
- Submit a non refundable application fee of $45 per applicant.
- To review our screening criteria, please click here
- All screening criteria must be read and accepted before you can begin the application process. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions prior to submitting your application.
Security and Pet Deposits
- The base deposit is equal to one months rent. The security deposit listed in the ad is the base deposit amount. Deposits are adjusted, if necessary, depending on your screening report and rental history.
- The pet deposit is $300 per animal. Exceptions apply. Please review the screening criteria for acceptable pets.
Screening Fees and Disclosure
- Rental Zebra may obtain screening or credit reports which contain: credit history, public records, judgments, liens, evictions, status of collection accounts, current obligations, credit ratings and criminal records or other information verification.
- Application Fees are non-refundable.
- An application is offered to anyone who requests one.
- Completed applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Processing may take 3-5 business days to complete.
Reasons for Denial
- Incomplete application.
- Misrepresentation of information.
- Damaged credit.
- Your credit report shows accounts which are not current.
- Pending Bankruptcy.
- Prior eviction or outstanding balance owed for rents and/or damage to property.
- Complaints or non-compliance reported by current or past property manager.
- Criminal history.
- Two Bedroom: Three Persons.
- Three Bedroom: Six Persons.
- Four Bedroom: Nine Persons.
- All repair and maintenance requests must be submitted to our office. You must submit your maintenance request through your tenant portal. We will assign a qualified person to complete necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Can I make my own repairs: No, all repairs must be addressed by Rental Zebra. We will assign a qualified repair person to address your request.
- How do I request a repair? Please submit a maintenance request through your tenant portal. Please provide us with detailed information so we can efficiently diagnose the problem and assign the proper repair person. Please include photos when applicable.
- Am I allowed to paint or make other alterations to the property? You must contact our office and request approval for painting and other alterations to the property.
- Mailbox fees: If the mail receptacle associated with the dwelling unit is a locking type, Tenant(s) are solely responsible for the fees charged by the Postmaser for re-keying of the box.
- Any charges imposed upon owner/agent by a Homeowner or Condominium Association for any person who moves into or out of a unit within the association may be passed on to tenant for payment as allowed by law.
- Landlord will provide pest service for the first 90 days following move in. Beyond 90 days tenant is responsible for all service.
- Pet Rent: $30 per animal, per month.
Move in Process
- Start utility services in your name.
- Submit two payments: one for rent, one for security deposit.
- Complete your move in walk through within 72 hours of occupancy.
30 day notice
- If you plan to move, you must submit a 30 day written notice to vacate. Your notice must include your name, address, date of intended move out, and forwarding address.
- You must submit 30 day written notice to vacate regardless of a scheduled termination date on your lease agreement.
- An emergency is defined as anything threatening to life, health or the integrity of the property. Including, but not limited to:
- Flooding, burst pipes.
- Lack of heat.
- Building or roof collapse.
- In the case of fire or gas smell: CALL 911.
- For all other emergencies, please call 888-851-6583 x 4. Leave a detailed messaged with your name, address, phone number to reach you, and a description of the emergency. We will return your call as quickly as possible.
- In the event any of the following instances occur, the associated fee will be assessed and charged. Fees are charged per occurrence (unless otherwise noted in your lease agreement).
- Late Fees: Rent is due on the 1st and late if not received by the close of business on the 5th. The late fee is 10% of your monthly rent charge, plus $10 per day charged every day rent remains unpaid after the fifth.
- Smoke Alarm/Carbon Monoxide Alarm Tampering Fee: $250.
- Parking Violation: $50.
- Failure to clean up pet waste or garbage: $50.
- Unauthorized pet: $50.
- Late payment of utility: $50.
- Unauthorized roommate: $50.
- Smoking violation: $50.
- Returned payment fee: $25.
- Early termination fee: 2x monthly rent amount at time of termination.
Right of entry:
- Rental Zebra may need access to your unit to perform routine inspections or repairs. We prefer you are present so we can address your questions and concerns. However, you are not required to be present. We will notify you at least 24 hours in advance of any scheduled inspection or repairs.
Application of payments
- Payment will be applied to the oldest outstanding charges first.